My Summer Vacation

By Stanley Switalski
Task : Describe what you have done on your Summer vacation and your plans for college

I had a fantastic summer vacation. Starting it off early, I had a chance to see a live taping my favorite Internet television show Diggnation in my neighborhood. Unfortunately I was too young for admittance, but at least I had a chance to have the stars autograph my iPhone. After June 26th, I started working at my middle school as a computer technician for six weeks. My main responsibility was to re-image all the computers in the building, which I actually enjoyed. After those six weeks I had the opportunity to go on two college tours. First I visited Boston and Cambridge Massachusetts with my mother and friends. There I had toured Northeastern University, Boston University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. A week later I had visited central New York where I toured Colgate University, Rochester Institute of Technology, SUNY Geneseo and Hobart and William Smith colleges. For the last week of summer vacation, I decided to volunteer at my middle school. Of course I did relax this summer by taking part in various activities such as bowling, playing cricket and hanging out with my friends. I do not believe that my summer vacation could have been spent any better.

As for my college aspirations, I know the majors/minors that I would like to study and I have many colleges and universities in mind that I hope to apply to. My major is computer engineering and my minor would be Networking and System Administration. Number one university on my list is MIT. I understand it’s going to be a difficult school to be admitted to, but I believe I have a good chance. Second on my list is RIT. Although it may be in the middle of nowhere, it is an excellent school for engineering. Other schools I am interested in include Northeastern University, Boston University, Stevens Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I just hope that I can find enough financial aid and/or scholarships to help me pay for the high price tag that comes along with some of these schools.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?